Wells House & Gardens is regrettably closed until March 2021. Follow our social media to keep up to date on any changes.
Meander through our beautifully restored terrace gardens, find the fairies on our enchanted woodland walks, let off some steam at our adventure playground and visit our furry friends at the animal farm! We also have falconry, house tours, a craft courtyard and clay target shooting so after all the activity make sure you visit our restaurant for a tasty refuel!
Since opening in 2012 Wells House and Gardens has been adding to its charms making it the most popular tourist attraction in Wexford; voted “Best Family Day Out 2015!”
Wells House and Gardens – A Great House and Gardens, A Grand Adventure for all.
Wells House has something for all generations to enjoy and share:
- Woodland Walks: Discover hidden treasures and magical creatures on our two woodland walks – The Lady Frances Walk & Mogue’s Walk
- Victorian Terrace Gardens: Relax in our beautifully restored formal gardens based on the original Daniel Robertson plans of the 1830s.
- Adventure Playground: Swings, slides and climbing frames, the hardest question is where to start!
- Living Victorian House Tour: Experience real life in a Victorian Great house through the eyes of Lady Frances and the residents of Wells House
- Animal Farm: Visit our furry friends at the animal farm; our raccoons, pigmy goats, rabbits and ferrets are just some of the gang who can't wait to meet you!
Wells House Tour
Visitors to Wells House and Gardens are encouraged to take a guided tour of this magnificent building, standing for over 350 years.
Wells boasts a storied history encompassing Cromwell, Rebellions and the Famine with an emphasis on the everyday lives of not just the families who lived in the estate but also their famed architect Daniel Robertson as well as their tenants and workers giving visitors a unique insight into the life of previous generations.
We All Love to Play
Wells House & Gardens features a state of the art playground for kids to enjoy! With swings, slides and a choice of climbing frames and ropes, where will you start?
A Picnic Area is adjacent to the playground. So come prepared or pop into our restaurant for a selection of picnic delights or enjoy a takeaway coffee while the children play!
Wells House and Gardens present their 2016 school tour options
Your school visit will be educationally focused but your students will also enjoy the fun aspects of Wells House and Gardens including our playground and woodland walk, all in the safe, secure environment of the Wells estate.
We hope you will consider us when you are planning your school calendar year.
Wells House and Gardens offer bespoke corporate packages for groups of all sizes and interests. In addition to our historical house tour, we offer traditional country pursuits like archery, falconry displays and clay pigeon shoots.
Find out more at www.wellshouse.ie