Who are we?
This website is operated by Stroom Limited; a company incorporated under the laws of Ireland under company number 545435 with registered office at Suite 5161, Unit 1, 77 Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2. (“Stroom”, "we" “our” or “us”).
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are small text files sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while the user is browsing a website. When a user visits a website more than once, the browser sends Cookies back to the website, allowing the website to recognise the user and remember things like their personalised details and preferences.
More information about Cookies and details of how to manage or disable them can be found on aboutcookies.org.
Yes. We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using Cookies that are typically stored on the hard drive of your computer or on your mobile device.
What types of Cookies do we use?
- Security: We use a Cookie to protect the Site from Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF), which is a type of malicious exploit of a website whereby unauthorized commands are transmitted to a website.
- Preferences: We use temporary “session” cookies which enables your web browser to remember which pages on our Site have already been visited. This information may be used to help us to improve, administer and diagnose problems with our Site and server. Our Site may also use other technical methods to track visitor usage, including web beacons. (Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in images on the pages of a website.) We may also use these technical methods to analyse the traffic patterns on our Site, such as the frequency with which our users visit various parts of our Site. These technical methods may involve the transmission of information either directly to us, or to another party authorised by us to collect information on our behalf.
- Third Party Cookies: Some Cookies that have been set on our Site may not be related to or controlled by us. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, Twitter or Facebook, these service providers may set their own Cookies on your web browser. We do not control the use of these Cookies and cannot access them due to the way that Cookies work, as Cookies can only be accessed by the party which originally set them. You should check the third party websites for more information about these Cookies.
- Analytics: We use analytic companies such as Google Analytics, who may place Cookies on your device. Their services help us understand, improve, and research products, features, and services, including when you access the Site from other websites, applications, or devices. We use services associated with Google Analytics to distinguish unique users of our Site by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. The client identifier is included in each page request on the Site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for our analytics reports. [This traffic data is anonymous and it helps us analyse how users use our Site. The information stored in the cookie is transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States and then used to evaluate visitors' use of our Site and to compile statistical reports on website activity for us. For further information on the privacy of Google Analytics data please visit http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.]
- Performance: The Site uses a Cookie associated with Google Universal Analytics, which is used to throttle the request rate, limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites. This Cookie expires after 10 minutes.
You can change your web browser settings so your computer warns you each time a Cookie is sent, or to turn off all Cookies. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser "help menu" to learn the correct way to modify your Cookies. However, if you disable Cookies you won't have access to many features that may make your browsing of our Site and use of our services smoother, and some of our services may not function properly. For example, if you disable Cookies you will not be able to login in to your user account.
Email: [email protected]
Postal address: Stroom Limited, Suite 5161, Unit 1, 77 Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2.
This statement was last modified September 2015