Red Mountain Open Farm
We are kicking off our 2022 Summer Season on Saturday the 25th of June with some changes to our Opening times. We are returning to full day admission from 10:30am to 5pm!
Booking is recommended but not essential as you can pay on arrival, tickets are available on our website if you wish to book.
Opening times for the Summer Season!
Tuesday to Sunday: 10:30am to 5pm.
Bank Holiday Mondays: 10:30am to 5pm.
Terms and Conditions:
• Babies under 12 MONTHS are free and do not require a ticket. All other visitors must pay admission.
• If booked, please arrive with your ticket / booking confirmation either on your phone or printed out.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
• Please comply with all directions from our staff and signage.
• Takeaway teas, coffees, snacks, soft drinks and ice creams are available from our coffee shop. Picnics also welcome.
• Visitors should note that our blue barrel and horse and carriage rides are available for €2.50 per person at our coffee shop.
We are looking forward to seeing you for our 2022 season,
Stay safe folks, chat soon,
Henry and Liz
We have the Largest indoor Facility available on any Open Farm in Ireland so you can enjoy your visit whatever the weather.
At Red Mountain Open Farm you can enjoy the following:
- Play Areas, Animals, Picnic Facilities – Indoors and Outdoors
- Straw Maze
- Blue Barrel Express
- Tractor and Carriage Ride
- Pedal Tractors & didi cars
- Horse & Carriage Ride
- Country Farm Walks
- Teas Coffees, Soft Drinks etc
- Party room- By appointments only
- Ample Parking for Cars and Coaches
Senior Citizen: €6
Under 12 months free
Family Rates for 4 people: €24
Family Rates for 5 people: €30
Family Rates for 6 people: €36
Blue Barrel Express and Carriage Rides = €2.50 extra per person
Here at Red Mountain Open Farm we offer schools a fun learning experience. Our exceptional facilities ensure that pupils will learn much about our animals, our farm and the country side.
A typical visit to Red Mountain Open Farm includes the following:
- On arrival you will be greeted by your guide.
- Meet your farm yard friends, the Pigs, Donkey, Goats, Lambs, Rabbits, Geese, Hens Chickens, Turkeys and others.
- Play shed with straw maze
- Lunch break
- Ride on the Blue Express or Tractor and Carriage Ride
- Guided farm walk
- Red Mountain play areas
Spacious parking is provided for both cars and buses. Discounts are available for School Tours booked for April and early May. All School Tours Must Be Pre-Booked. Book early to ensure the date that suits you.
The Christmas Experience @ Red Mountain Open Farm will usually runs on the weekend in December.
Your booking time is only for your visit to Santa, you are welcome to stay at Red Mountain as long as you wish to enjoy all the activities.
All Christmas activities are under one roof, so regardless of the weather , you’re guaranteed to have a good time!
- Visit Santa’s Sitting Room
- Visit Santa’s Bedroom
- Visit the Elves Workshop
- Make a wish in Santa’s wishing well
- Visit the live nativity scene
- Write and post your letter to Santa in Santa’s giant post box
- Visit all your farm yard friends
- Play in our straw mazes
- Play in our large indoor sand pit
- Ride around on peddle tractors
- Play in our large indoor play area
- All for €6 per child and €6 per adult
- Under 12 months go free
A visit to our Halloween event includes:
- Play in the Halloween barn
- Cuddle the rabbits
- Visit our farmyard friends
- Take your photo in the pumpkin patch
- Take your photo in the witches’ den
- Play in our indoor/outdoor play areas
- Play in our straw mazes/sandpits
- Drive our toy tractors
- Take a spin on the Ghost Carriage if you dare! *
- Hop in to the blue barrel express. *
- Hop on the horse and carriage* (weekends only)
- Tickets available for €2.50 *