Red Mountain Open Farm
October 27th- Sunday 4th November. Open Tuesday-Saturday 11am-5pm & Sunday 1pm-5pm. Open Bank holiday Monday 11am-5pm. A visit to our Halloween event includes: Play in the Halloween barn. Cuddle the rabbits.Oct 27, 2018 - Nov 4, 2018More details
The Christmas Experience @ Red Mountain Open Farm will run on the following dates: Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd December, Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th December, Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th December, Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd of December 11aDec 1, 2018 - Dec 23, 2018More details
Deal: Save up to 62% on Halloween @ Red Mountain tickets
Halloween is just around the corner and we have a special deal for you! You can buy a family ticket to Halloween Experience at Red Mountain Open Farm from just €10 plus booking fee, saving you up to 62%.Oct 27, 2018 - Oct 31, 2018More details
The Fee Family invite you to visit our Red Mountain Open Farm.
The farm is a family run mixed farm with Tillage, Sheep, Poultry and Horses, set in the open countryside of the Boyne Valley near the village of Donore, and not far from the entrance of the Newgrange Monument which is just 5 minutes from exit 9 on the M1 at Drogheda!
Our Farm is the ideal venue for Family Days Out, Educational School Tours (Montessori and Primary Schools) with Halloween and Christmas events.
Red Mountain Open Farm got its name from the Red Mountain, which is the hill between the Farm and Donore Village.
It is believed by some researchers that the colour of the sunrise on the morning of the Winter Solstice was the original inspiration for the name of the hill over which that sunrise occurs when viewed from Newgrange. The hill is called Red Mountain.
Located just five minutes from the Newgrange Monument the Open Farm boasts the most extensive indoor facilities of all open farms in Ireland. We believe these indoor facilities are important given the unpredictable nature of our Irish weather. We have blended a range of indoor and outdoor facilities, so no matter what the weather may bring, there is lots to enjoy..
We provide a clean and very safe environment which we regard as essential. Minders and teachers are invited to read our "Safety Rules" which are directed towards providing a fun and safe place for humans and animals alike.
We have a large outdoor picnic area with lots of picnic tables, swings, slides, and a sand pit where your Children can play while you relax over a coffee. For the not so nice days we also have a large indoor picnic area. So be sure to bring your picnic with you on the day as to make your visit with us more enjoyable
We have the Largest indoor Facility available on any Open Farm in Ireland so you can enjoy your visit whatever the weather.
At Red Mountain Open Farm you can enjoy the following:
- Play Areas, Animals, Picnic Facilities – Indoors and Outdoors
- Straw Maze
- Blue Barrel Express
- Tractor and Carriage Ride
- Pedal Tractors & didi cars
- Horse & Carriage Ride
- Country Farm Walks
- Teas Coffees, Soft Drinks etc
- Party room- By appointments only
- Ample Parking for Cars and Coaches
Senior Citizen: €6
Under 12 months free
Family Rates for 4 people: €24
Family Rates for 5 people: €30
Family Rates for 6 people: €36
Blue Barrel Express and Carriage Rides = €2.50 extra per person
Here at Red Mountain Open Farm we offer schools a fun learning experience. Our exceptional facilities ensure that pupils will learn much about our animals, our farm and the country side.
A typical visit to Red Mountain Open Farm includes the following:
- On arrival you will be greeted by your guide.
- Meet your farm yard friends, the Pigs, Donkey, Goats, Lambs, Rabbits, Geese, Hens Chickens, Turkeys and others.
- Play shed with straw maze
- Lunch break
- Ride on the Blue Express or Tractor and Carriage Ride
- Guided farm walk
- Red Mountain play areas
Spacious parking is provided for both cars and buses. Discounts are available for School Tours booked for April and early May. All School Tours Must Be Pre-Booked. Book early to ensure the date that suits you.
The Christmas Experience @ Red Mountain Open Farm will usually runs on the weekend in December.
Your booking time is only for your visit to Santa, you are welcome to stay at Red Mountain as long as you wish to enjoy all the activities.
All Christmas activities are under one roof, so regardless of the weather , you’re guaranteed to have a good time!
- Visit Santa’s Sitting Room
- Visit Santa’s Bedroom
- Visit the Elves Workshop
- Make a wish in Santa’s wishing well
- Visit the live nativity scene
- Write and post your letter to Santa in Santa’s giant post box
- Visit all your farm yard friends
- Play in our straw mazes
- Play in our large indoor sand pit
- Ride around on peddle tractors
- Play in our large indoor play area
- All for €6 per child and €6 per adult
- Under 12 months go free
A visit to our Halloween event includes:
- Play in the Halloween barn
- Cuddle the rabbits
- Visit our farmyard friends
- Take your photo in the pumpkin patch
- Take your photo in the witches’ den
- Play in our indoor/outdoor play areas
- Play in our straw mazes/sandpits
- Drive our toy tractors
- Take a spin on the Ghost Carriage if you dare! *
- Hop in to the blue barrel express. *
- Hop on the horse and carriage* (weekends only)
- Tickets available for €2.50 *